Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brewhemoth conicals?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #501
nostalgia
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockerengr View Post
I haven't seen many plug-n-play units, but a suggestion would be to look at the glycol chillers they make for people running large saltwater aquariums, they should be about the right size.
I was thinking the same thing. I discussed it a little bit in this thread, and it was pooh-poohed. But having successfully chilled the conical with ice water, I think an aquarium chiller will be more than adequate.

-Joe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #502
ClaudiusB
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
What I'd like to do is put some self-sealing quick-connects on the lines, like the kind you'd use for compressed air.
-Joe
I use the plastic CPC brand self-sealing for the fermenters.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Old 11-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #503
Gunner5360
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess these have really taken off. Just went to buy another one and saw the price had jumped almost $200. I suppose they needed some way to pay for the full page ad in BYO.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #504
nostalgia
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 8

The reasons for the price increase have been made plain. I'm sure it wasn't to cover their advertising budget

Speaking of repeat customers, I bet they could sucker more of us into a second Brewhemoth if they offered a customer loyalty and/or quantity discount. Hint, hint

-Joe

Old 11-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #505
Gunner5360
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
The reasons for the price increase have been made plain. I'm sure it wasn't to cover their advertising budget

Speaking of repeat customers, I bet they could sucker more of us into a second Brewhemoth if they offered a customer loyalty and/or quantity discount. Hint, hint

-Joe
Didn't read back that far . But I'm sure things didn't go up that much to be able to afford a full page ad in BYO. There is a good possibility they got some pressure from B3 about the low price as well. I was questioned about what I was using all the tri-clover parts for and they looked it up while I was standing there, and swore up and down that they couldn't be as good as theirs and they were ordering one to check it out. And your right if there was a loyalty discount I would probably buy another. But if not I'm planning on going bigger anyways. So I'll just move along

Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #506
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I got to use my BH for the first time yesterday. Brewed up 39 gallons of an Oatmeal Stout. Put 5.25 gallons into 4 better bottles and the rest (18 gallons) went into the BH.
I do have a video of my CIP system pumping saniclean thru it but have no way to post it at this time.

383048_10150502273493689_666868688_10620926_1407058754_n.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 11-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #507
FSR402

Recipes 

Well I can't figure out how to embed this so here is the link to the http://youtu.be/j3W7BGcFyz8

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #508
JEBrew
Homebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner5360 View Post
Didn't read back that far . But I'm sure things didn't go up that much to be able to afford a full page ad in BYO. There is a good possibility they got some pressure from B3 about the low price as well. I was questioned about what I was using all the tri-clover parts for and they looked it up while I was standing there, and swore up and down that they couldn't be as good as theirs and they were ordering one to check it out. And your right if there was a loyalty discount I would probably buy another. But if not I'm planning on going bigger anyways. So I'll just move along
Okay, you have to understand that The Brewhemoth is only ONE product line our company offers. We are but a VERY small part of a larger company...the advertising budget is totally separate from any parts purchases. The parts we had to purchase are truly more expensive than you may think...stainless steel has gone up in price over the past couple years by quite a bit.

Also, B3 has not (to our knowledge) ordered one of our fermenters nor have they attempted to "pressure" us into increasing our prices...it was ONLY due to having to purchase materials that we had not purchased before and having to adjust the price accordingly.

Josh
The Brewhemoth

Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #509
FSR402

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBrew View Post
Okay, you have to understand that The Brewhemoth is only ONE product line our company offers. We are but a VERY small part of a larger company...the advertising budget is totally separate from any parts purchases. The parts we had to purchase are truly more expensive than you may think...stainless steel has gone up in price over the past couple years by quite a bit.

Also, B3 has not (to our knowledge) ordered one of our fermenters nor have they attempted to "pressure" us into increasing our prices...it was ONLY due to having to purchase materials that we had not purchased before and having to adjust the price accordingly.

Josh
The Brewhemoth
I 100% believe this to be true. I am an engineer for a tool and die shop I see our steel cost change daily. But this does tell me that someone did not do their homework when setting the original pricing. Great for all of use that bought before they ran out of stock.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-29-2011, 04:14 AM   #510
Gunner5360
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBrew

Josh
The Brewhemoth
The B3 pressure comment was more of a joke than anything, but they did say they were going to buy one. And I do understand that materials cost money and that cost will fluctuate. With that large of a price increase you just took yourselves out of the pocket of the average home brewer which I think that most of us on this board fall into. I know that at the new price that I will not be buying another one like I had been saving to do.

Quick Reply