Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brewhemoth conicals?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #411
Celticway
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville, GA, GA
Posts: 340
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

I have mine in a standup freezer with a Ranco controller. I bought a thermowell from brewers hardware. This setup is the best thing I have done for my brewing.

I get dead on ferm temps, can cold crash with ease and can lager if I desire. Plus it is efficient only having to maintain temps in the freezer takes minimum energy. Love it!

__________________
Celticway is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #412
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,876
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticway View Post
I have mine in a standup freezer with a Ranco controller. I bought a thermowell from brewers hardware. This setup is the best thing I have done for my brewing.

I get dead on ferm temps, can cold crash with ease and can lager if I desire. Plus it is efficient only having to maintain temps in the freezer takes minimum energy. Love it!
got a link to the thermowell that you're using? Are you using it thru the top "blowoff" port?
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #413
Celticway
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville, GA, GA
Posts: 340
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402

got a link to the thermowell that you're using? Are you using it thru the top "blowoff" port?
http://www.brewershardware.com/20-Tr...TWTCCAP20.html

Yeah. I got a 1" "T" that they also carry, thermowell goes on top, blow off out the side. Perfect.
__________________
Celticway is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #414
Landshark67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 121
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default It's in route!

My brewhemuth shipped out yesterday! Arrival expected on Monday.

__________________
Landshark67 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #415
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,876
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I ordered mine today with the drop in chiller. Now I need to figure out what all I need to buy for it.

What goodies are you all using with yours?

__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #416
Celticway
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville, GA, GA
Posts: 340
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402
I ordered mine today with the drop in chiller. Now I need to figure out what all I need to buy for it.

What goodies are you all using with yours?
For mine, first of all I bought a stand up freezer which is funny because it cost me a lot more than my fermentor did. 1" buttlerfly valve for the sample/racking port. 1.5" butterfly for a dump valve. 1" sanitary T so I can put my 20" thermowell sown into it and a 3/4" barb fitting for a blow off tube.
__________________
Celticway is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #417
Squeeky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 513
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Celtic,

If using a controller on the stand up freezer, could you avoid the thermowell. I realize the heat from the yeast doing their business would generate a few degrees more, but you could avoid all the addition stainless.

The only reason I ask is because my wife is looking for our 5yr anniv gift. I am seriously considering brewhemoth with ball valves and chiller. I just completed a new ebrewery with stainless 3-pieces so I'm going to avoid tri's on dump and rack.

__________________
Squeeky is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 AM   #418
Celticway
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville, GA, GA
Posts: 340
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky
Celtic,

If using a controller on the stand up freezer, could you avoid the thermowell. I realize the heat from the yeast doing their business would generate a few degrees more, but you could avoid all the addition stainless.

The only reason I ask is because my wife is looking for our 5yr anniv gift. I am seriously considering brewhemoth with ball valves and chiller. I just completed a new ebrewery with stainless 3-pieces so I'm going to avoid tri's on dump and rack.
Sure. You can tape the probe to the side and then tape some insulation over that. I just like having the probe right in the heart of it. But for sure no problems if you do as mentioned above.
__________________
Celticway is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #419
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,876
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

so now with that 20" thermowell you're using do you just stuff the temp prob from your controller inside the thermowell and call it good?

__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #420
Landshark67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 121
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Brewhemuth arrived!

It's a thing of beauty. Fantastic welds. Legs are sturdier than I expected but I'll add some cross bracing to be extra sure.

Pics to follow.

__________________
Landshark67 is offline
JEBrew Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MoreBeer Conicals zymurgy101 Equipment/Sanitation 13 07-04-2011 05:49 PM
Chinese conicals Styles Equipment/Sanitation 23 09-28-2009 01:49 AM
Usage of conicals billtzk Equipment/Sanitation 19 11-27-2008 02:25 AM
Conicals Kayos Equipment/Sanitation 10 02-07-2008 07:31 PM
Using conicals- MikeFlynn74 Equipment/Sanitation 6 12-01-2007 10:36 AM