The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brewhemoth conicals?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #321
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewBeemer View Post
The pot bottoms must be cut round on a rotary cookie cutter it would be labor intense to go thru the trouble cutting them into oval.
What condition did the shipping box look like, sounds like it was sat on or stacked in shipping? You received it without looking at it from UPS? My driver stayed and watched me remove the ferm from the box making sure it was ok.
My Brewhemoth ferm came very well protected for shipping.
I would seriously doubt Dale and Josh would ship a product looking as you stated. I would be be calling them first documenting your problem before flexing the top section round again incase you you mess it up, CYA your end.
My thinking it's a simple fix from working with aircraft sheetmetal years ago.
It's out of round because it's a piece of stainless that was, from what I can tell, bent into a circular shape, and then welded down a seam. And when the handles were welded on, it flattened out the pot walls even more. I'm not here bitching about brewhemoth, I know you get what you pay for. I just asked if the conicals were of better quality. i know for the price you can't beat it. But again, you have to consider what you're getting for the price.

Regarding the bottom, it's circular. But it has a rock to it. The burner grates on my rig were dead nuts flat, because my Blichman bottom is dead nuts flat. We had to put in a jack and basically raise the roof off the garage to get enough of an indentation in the grate so that the penrose won't rock when full.

Regarding the shipping, the boxes arrived undamaged. No creases, dings, etc. The pots are the way they were made.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #322
dstar26t
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2funkids View Post
Has anyone that ordered their Brewhemoth on or after April 21, 2011 received ship confirmation yet? Mine is still in process. The last update I got was that there was some machine availability issues and they were waiting to have some more parts made, I see online that the standard Brewhemoth is out of stock. My new expected ship date is on or around June 4. I have all my fittings from St Pats for a couple of weeks so I guess I will kill some time working on a ferm chamber. I will post pictures of it as soon as it arrives. I had it customized with adjustable legs, two 1.5 tri-clover ports at top (one on each side of the 4" top) and a 1.5" tri added at bottom for thermowell. I have an idea of rigging up an element to the bottom tri and using it to boil a small amount of water in the bottom as sterilization technique (of course without pressurization). St pats also had Beer shank threaded triclovers that have different fittings available such as barbed fittings, and Gas fittings... If anyone has an idea to get an element rigged up to a tri-clamp I am all ears.
Would this work for you?

Next: Oktoberfest v5
Fermenting: Conan DIPA, 1830's English Mild @ Earth - Bread + Brewery, Dopplebock, Cider, Rye Berliner Weisse, Barrel Fermented Dreg Lambic, Brett Trois Helles, Sauerkraut Fermented Gose, Carrot Blossom Cedar Mead
Drinking: Tropicale Thunder v2, Lambic, Brett Trois IPA, Brett Blonde, Kriek, Saison, Sour Blonde, RIS v1 & v2, Barleywine
Barrel aged: RIS, Rye Barleywine, Tripel

JRems Likes This 
Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #323
2funkids
Recipes 

Default Adapter for element

Exactly what I was looking for....

Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #324
Mpez
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstar26t View Post
Would this work for you?
Nice! I have been transferring near boiling water to mine to sanitize. Maybe I will order one. I love the idea of boiling in the brewhemoth.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #325
Mpez
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticway View Post
Anyone have a recomendation for a TC thermowell to go on top? I have one of those Ranco Controllers.
I went with this one from Brewers hardware: http://www.brewershardware.com/24-Tr...TWTCCAP24.html

I really like it, but would not recommend it if you are doing under 10 gallons batches. If you are, best send them an email, they will make a longer one for you.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #326
SankePankey
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewBeemer View Post
What is the height of the 90 degree fitting measured off a flat surface to top of 90 at the barb?
Yours a Stout Tanks fitting and what does the weld look like?
Tis welded at the bottom of the cap or top?
First off, I have the St Pats one, so knowing that someone makes one for 1/3 the price, I wouldn't go there. The Stout one does look a little bit larger in the picture.

If I put it flat on a table, it's about 2", but whatever tubing and whatever style hose clamp you use will be on top of that. I can't tell more exact than that cause they are all in use right now.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #327
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Thanks Sanke that's what I needed.

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Old 06-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #328
Celticway
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpez

I went with this one from Brewers hardware: http://www.brewershardware.com/24-Tr...TWTCCAP24.html

I really like it, but would not recommend it if you are doing under 10 gallons batches. If you are, best send them an email, they will make a longer one for you.
Nice thanks. So that fits the brewhemoth well?

Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #329
Mpez
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticway View Post
Nice thanks. So that fits the brewhemoth well?
Yep, it's a perfect fit for the 1.5 inch thermowell on top. It's also a perfect fit for the ranco temp probe.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #330
Celticway
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpez

Yep, it's a perfect fit for the 1.5 inch thermowell on top. It's also a perfect fit for the ranco temp probe.
Awesome thanks!

Quick Reply