Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brewday Equipment Positioning - No Brewstand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
BullGator
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Brewday Equipment Positioning - No Brewstand

I have a keggle and just bought a plate chiller, hop rocket, chugger pump, and may also pick up a wort filter of some sort. My keggle has a valve at the bottom as is typical. My question is, where do people put all this stuff if they don't have a brew stand? I plan to build one but it's probably about a year out on my beer stuff list.

All my connectors are cam locks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Biohazard
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Here is my layout, I use a camp chef double burner so my pot is about 3 feet off the ground, my mash tun sits on an ugly garden bench that my wife's grandmother gave us like 15 years ago and I have hated it until I started brewing. I heat my water in the pot, transfer to my cooler and then drain from the cooler back into my pot (now sitting on the ground). In between I heat water again and add it to my camping cooler and use that to sparge (also sitting on my camp chef).

I have a cousin who has a gravity system setup from folding tables and garden furniture and he makes amazing beers. It is all about your budget and creativity.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
BullGator
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks for the response. I am more curious about where to put my pump, plate chiller, and hop rocket during chilling. My kettle valve is roughly about 3' above the ground as well.

Quick Reply