New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brew System Plumbing Plan (What am i missing)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
LordUlrich
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Brew System Plumbing Plan (What am i missing)

I am working on a concept for a automated brew system. The attached link is my plans for the plumbing (one showing each step of the brew). I am trying to keep cost down. One of the biggest costs appears to be valves (especially with electric control), so if i could reduce the count that would be great.

I do understand that my rims tube is going to need quite a bit of power for sparge (essentially hot water on demand, although i only need about 180* water at ~1 qt/min). I also get that the CIP cycle is kinda complex, but a computer is doing the work so whatever.

https://picasaweb.google.com/adam.wellner/Brewery?authkey=Gv1sRgCMHYyaHT0KeAhgE&feat=directl ink

So what am i missing and what can i improve.
Also my next step is pipe layout / sizing what kind of flows am i likely to need (i figure i might as well run the headless calcs, keep my fluids from getting too rusty). I get sparge should be about 1qt/min (i currently batch sparge), but what about recirc or whirlpool, how about CIP?

Thanks

Don't take any more faith in anything I say than you would anyone else on the internet. If you listen to what I say, then hurt your self or break something it is your own fault, I am just expressing my opinion or experience.
THINK for your self!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply