Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brew stores in NYC???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
joshpooh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutine Bullfrog
Funny I can walk to the corner and get things that you couldn't even imagine, but brew supplies are hard to find.

I order most of my stuff but the problem is when I need an extra once of hops, or some sanitizing solution, or 1 lb of grain, etc. (the small stuff). I hate to pay $6 shipping for $2 worth of stuff.

I have the same problem as you. The big stuff isn't a problem b/c I am in Pittsburgh (where the nearest homebrew shop is) frequently enough to get the bulk of my ingredients w/o making a special trip, but that little stuff always gets me and shipping is killer on small stuff plus sometimes you don't realize you don't have it until the day you have set aside to brew.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2007, 02:30 AM   #12
JeffNYC
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not aware of anything in NYC. There is a brew pub that sells supplies in NJ (U Brew Inc., very reasonable prices I bought one batch from them), I think there is something in Queens (East Coast Hydroponics, never been there). There is always Midwest Supplies though...

Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #13
tomek322
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is HomeBrew Too, right off of the LIE in queens. Main Street exit I believe. I had the equipment from my dad's wine making days. They had all the ingredients I wanted. Selection was slightly lacking, but call ahead and ask if they have what you are looking for.

Karp's homebrewing or homebrew supplies(google it), they have a website. They are about 35mi east of the city. They seem to have a wide selection, going by their website, but who knows what the actual inventory looks like. Prices actually look very good.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
tomek322
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNYC
I'm not aware of anything in NYC. There is a brew pub that sells supplies in NJ (U Brew Inc., very reasonable prices I bought one batch from them), I think there is something in Queens (East Coast Hydroponics, never been there). There is always Midwest Supplies though...

I missed this, I think East Coast Hydroponics is the same store as HomeBrew Too

Quick Reply