Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brew pot / wort chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
BernieBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brew pot / wort chiller

I just got a new brewpot, it has a thermometer mounted on the sidewall 5" from the bottom of the pot the thermometer enters the pot perpendicular to the sidewall and goes in 4". How am I supposed to put my Wort chiller into the pot with the thermometer in the way, anyone else ever have this issue?

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Sounds like it's time for a CFC for ya. Use your current wort chiller as a pre-chiller.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1056 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 28

It depends on the diameter of your chiller. Most folks that have a drain bulkhead on their kettles use a counterflow chiller so it's not an issue. Another alternative is to get a thermo with only a 2" stem only your readings will not be as accurate.
I'm selling a chiller 11" diameter which would be fine for you if your pot is 15" diameter or more.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Quick Reply