Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brew pot recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #11
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeBrewing View Post
The couplers are for thermometers, valve, sight glasses, false bottoms, etc. Most people use a valve (for draining) and a thermometer. A false bottom/dip tube/Bazooka tube can also be attached on the inside.
IME, dip tubes are of much more value in a BK than false bottoms or bazooka screens.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
awiens
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Excellent info! Thanks. There's always more to learn isn't there?!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
JPFuller
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How about a brand new 1/2 bbls keg for $135! This company sells them: www.toscaltd.com/industriesservedbeerkegs.html

I am having problems navigating the site or finding these kegs, is there a products page I'm missing? Thanks

Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 425 Times on 295 Posts
Likes Given: 320

I've had a 36 qt (9 gal) bayou classic for years. Works great for 5 gallon batches.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #15
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFuller View Post
How about a brand new 1/2 bbls keg for $135! This company sells them: www.toscaltd.com/industriesservedbeerkegs.html

I am having problems navigating the site or finding these kegs, is there a products page I'm missing? Thanks
Would you stop spamming threads with that link/company??

For one thing, they cater to businesses that are brewing, NOT home brewers.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
AMMODOG
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Would you stop spamming threads with that link/company??

For one thing, they cater to businesses that are brewing, NOT home brewers.
How do you say they do not cater to home brewers? I am a home brewer and i have an email from them stating they sell new kegs, they do not sell used or damaged kegs. At least the office in Green Bay does. New for $135, 1/2 barrel.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
AMMODOG
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFuller View Post
How about a brand new 1/2 bbls keg for $135!

JP, you can not buy anything directly off the site, call or email them. Left hand side under markets served, then beer. I saw this and decided to email them, next morning they replied (right around 4 weeks ago). Again, this was the corporate office in Green Bay, maybe they are the only plant selling kegs out of the many across the country. I would bet you have to be in the area to pick up.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
Nagorg
If a frog had wings...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 26

+1 on the 11 gallon Bayou Classic! It's plenty thick and I havent found a better bang for the buck in that size kettle.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMODOG View Post
How do you say they do not cater to home brewers? I am a home brewer and i have an email from them stating they sell new kegs, they do not sell used or damaged kegs. At least the office in Green Bay does. New for $135, 1/2 barrel.
I looked at the site.

At $135 for a 1/2 barrel you're getting an USED keg..

"Beer keg sales
They might be “used,” but to our customers kegs arrive in like-new condition. When breweries want to sell their keg float, they look to Tosca to buy the kegs in bulk. Tosca will thoroughly recondition a keg, and then find a new home for the kegs. The valves are inspected, cleaned and rebuilt as necessary and kegs are “cleaned to the metal” on the inside. All previous markings, stickers, etc. are removed on the outside. "

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 'like new' is still NOT new. You can buy brand spankin new (as in still with the after-birth on them) from Geemacher for $143 (price per for under a pallet load) each. Or I can get one that's used from the local guy who gets them from the recycle center the regional breweries and distributors use. I can get those for about half the price, without any shipping costs (~20-25 minute drive). I can even pick over the ones that are available to make sure I get one I like. With the place you're linking to, you get what you get and have zero choice.

Also, I DID email the place you linked to several days ago asking about different size offerings. Guess what, nothing, nadda, crickets, etc... At least Geemacher replies to emails within 1-2 business days.

So, yeah, IMO the link you're posting is SPAM. It's almost as if you're being paid/compensated by these guys to promote them. Oh, and just because YOU'RE getting SPAM from them, but don't see it as such, doesn't mean it's not SPAM to the rest of us.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #20
AMMODOG
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

golddiggie, I am not a spammer, they did not spam me. I go to multiple forums to learn, such as here, Nothernbrewer, AHA and ProBrewer. While on Probrewer I saw a post stating Tosca had new kegs in stock from Schaefer, the post is dated 10-24-12, I saw it around 29 Oct. Because I am looking at options for a brew kettle and HLT I went to thier site and after looking it over thought I could get a used/damaged keg for a lot less than a new SS stock pot and be ethical about it. I clicked the keg sales email on their contact list and the next morning a Kim replied stating "... don't have used right now. The only kegs I have are brand new and they are priced at $135 each for 1/2 bbls". Do they sell used, very likely and probably. Do they always have new, probably not. Someone asked for options, I simply gave one. In the South Central part of WI there are no used kegs that i have found, ethically, called salvage yards, check craigs list all the time. Search ProBrewer for Tosca and you will find the links.

I had no intention to spam and for the last few years of reading this site have hardly posted at all.

Quick Reply