Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bottle washer for "designer" faucet?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Bottle washer for "designer" faucet?

My former apartment had a standard faucet, and I loved my bottle washer. Now I live in a new apartment with a fancy faucet (Koehler, maybe?) that doesn't have any kind of hose hook-ups. Does anyone know of some way I can get a bottle washer assembly hooked up to this faucet? I have a little pump bottle wash I use when sanitizing bottles, but the faucet powered one works so much better for kegs and stuck-on crud. And it's more fun...

Thanks in advance!

On-Deck: BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale; Bacon488's Mild

Primary: Quad; Emmdub23's Belma Stout

Kegged: Mosaic pilsner; Fir tip Maibock; Session IPA; Apple cider;

Bottled: Saison Americain; Tripel; Session Saison; Grodziskie; Belma/Strisselspalt Session Saison; Coffee Saison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 428 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 59

A lot of times you can still unscrew the aerator part in the designer ones and use a standard sink connector. I know in my previous apartment I thought I couldn't connect one for a long time, but it turned out I was able to unscrew it and just had to get it unstuck first.

There are some that don't have a connector though. For those I guess you could maybe jury rig a valve/hose assembly under the sink to use when you wash bottles.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Mine is one that can go between stream and sprayer (though not fine enough to be practical) all on the same big, flat head. Nothing to unscrew unfortunately. If I remember I'll take a picture in the morning.

On-Deck: BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale; Bacon488's Mild

Primary: Quad; Emmdub23's Belma Stout

Kegged: Mosaic pilsner; Fir tip Maibock; Session IPA; Apple cider;

Bottled: Saison Americain; Tripel; Session Saison; Grodziskie; Belma/Strisselspalt Session Saison; Coffee Saison

Quick Reply