Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bottle sterilization

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 AM   #11
Ol' Grog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I rinse right after drinking in hot water. Let them dry and store them upside down in a closet. When time to bottle, take them out and fill a bucket up to 3 gallons of warm water and one step. Give them a good soaking and then let dry in a clean empty dishwasher. So far, so good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 AM   #12
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 603 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Grog
I rinse right after drinking in hot water. Let them dry and store them upside down in a closet. When time to bottle, take them out and fill a bucket up to 3 gallons of warm water and one step. Give them a good soaking and then let dry in a clean empty dishwasher. So far, so good.
I can't emphasize enough how well Ol' Grog's technique works. I've never had to scrub a bottle because I do exactly as Grog does. However, I might have to let one get all crusty just to try out the power brush!

EDIT: I actually run 'em through the dishwasher after rinsing them, so I guess I don't do exactly the same thing...

Last edited by Yuri_Rage; 10-23-2006 at 02:18 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply