Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Boiler Maker bottom thin?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
JVD_X
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Boiler Maker bottom thin?

Hi -

Question for those of you that own boiler makers... I have a 15 gallon megapot and it has a very thick bottom. I was looking at the boiler maker at myLHBS and the bottom looked to be made of very very thin material in comparison. My question is... how quickly does it heat in comparison to other boilers you may have had?

Thanks!

- JVD_X

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
Seawolf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The thin bottom turned me off too, but I haven't had any problems yet. After 15 or so batches, I still love it. After every few batches I clean the inside with some Barkeeper's Friend, and she's as good as new.

I particularly love the ease of cleaning with all of the components. The sight glass is so easily removed, and the dip tube snaps into place without any tools.

Primary - Bluebird Bitter, Negra Modelo
Secondary - Flanders Red
Drinking - Independence Pale Ale V1.0, Trappist Style Dubbel, Dunkelweizen, Saison, Fat Tire, SNPA
Conditioning - Chimay Red, Imperial American Pale Ale, Independence Pale Ale V2.0, Belgian Wit
Kegged - Bluebird Bitter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply