Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Top Tier T-Slot Plates

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Paloaf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Blichmann Top Tier T-Slot Plates

Hi guys. I recently bought a Top Tier with 2 burners and a shelf tier. After I had everything installed, I got a screaming deal on a third burner. I'd like to have all three burners attached to the mast and use the shelf tier as an overgrown "utility shelf". I won't have a lot of weight on the shelf, most likely just a refractometer, thermometer, beer, and miscellaneous ingredients.

The Top Tier only comes with enough T-Slot Plates (the skinny plates that go into the mast) for installing three tiers. How could I install the shelf tier along with everything else? Is there somewhere I can buy additional T-Slot Plates? Would attaching the shelf using bolts and flat washers/nuts be strong enough?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
churdbird
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I would use the long slot plates on the burners. They are going to be supporting the most weight. Then go to the local HD/Lowes and purchase some square headed nuts and use I place of the T-slot plates. I have the utility shelf and that's how it comes. 4 bolts w/ square nuts.

Hey, Not bad for a twist off!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply