*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Top Tier Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Wingfan13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Blichmann Top Tier Question

I did some searching and couldnt find the exact answer I was looking for. I am going to order the top tier stand but I have 2 questions that I just couldn't find the answer to.

1. How tall is the unit with HLT on the top tier ? I will have a 10, maybe 15 gallon boilermaker on top. Can I still brew with it in the garage ? My driveway is not flat so I would have to.

2. Is the lowest tier high enough to gravity feed into the fermenter ? I do not want to mess with pumps so I will be doing it all with gravity.

If it helps at all, I am ordering a burner for the top tier, a shelf for the middle tier to sit my 10 gallon cooler and I already have the burner for the bottom tier, I just need to order the mounting kit for it.

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
LuiInIdaho
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Here is their web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
I did some searching and couldnt find the exact answer I was looking for. I am going to order the top tier stand but I have 2 questions that I just couldn't find the answer to.

1. How tall is the unit with HLT on the top tier ? I will have a 10, maybe 15 gallon boilermaker on top. Can I still brew with it in the garage ? My driveway is not flat so I would have to.

2. Is the lowest tier high enough to gravity feed into the fermenter ? I do not want to mess with pumps so I will be doing it all with gravity.

If it helps at all, I am ordering a burner for the top tier, a shelf for the middle tier to sit my 10 gallon cooler and I already have the burner for the bottom tier, I just need to order the mounting kit for it.

Thanks in advance.
They have the information on their web site. Here is the address. Go to the stand and click on Stand Data. This will give you the information you want.

Mark

Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
Wingfan13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiInIdaho View Post
They have the information on their web site. Here is the address. Go to the stand and click on Stand Data. This will give you the information you want.

Mark
Ahh...thanks. I was looking on their site and totally missed that tab. Appreciate it.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
Cyclman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 393 Times on 345 Posts
Likes Given: 122

I really wanted a top tier. Instead, I did a seville classics wireless shelf unit, 18" shelves. Cost about $80, works awesome. I use all gravity, including directly into the fermenter. Use a cutting board or cut down a tile to make the shelves nice and flat.

Going to spend my money on more great burners / kettles.

3-tier.jpg  

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing!

Quick Reply