Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann top tier + march pump + therminator configuration help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 04:23 AM   #11
julian81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

ruffdeezy, I don't suppose you could post the parts list for how you constructed that outlet box?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #12
ruffdeezy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The box was easy to make, I actually thought it would be tough and was worried about it. I got one basic light switch, a waterproof light switch cover, the grey electrical box, and an extension cord. Cut the end off the extension cord and the march pump plug in, wired the black wires from each to the switch, the white wires together, then green wires to the ground screw. I drilled a couple holes through the back of the electrical box and used the extra top tier hardware to mount it securely in the t slot.

screen-shot-2011-06-29-8.26.14-pm.png   waterproofswitch.jpg   electricalbox.jpg  

Old 06-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #13
julian81
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sweet! I'm headed to the hardware store now, lol. Hopefully they're still open. Thanks a bunch man!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #14
julian81
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks again ruffdeezy. I actually picked up the exact same parts and will begin my build tomorrow most likely. I got to HD just before they closed

Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
ruffdeezy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

nice, posts some pics of your set up, I'd like to see it

Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #16
julian81
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yup, I will as soon as I get this outlet switch installed and unload euro pics from my camera. Also, I'm not totally happy with the placement of my plate chiller, but I don't want to remove literally every burner just to reconfigure. I think that's my only complaint about the top tier. Reconfiguring requires lifting those massive burners off of the brew stand just to slot anything that's below it into different positions.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #17
julian81
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Switch is installed and working. This is going to make powering the pump SO much easier!

Old 07-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #18
ruffdeezy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It feels pretty good making something like this work although it is pretty basic, I was quite proud of myself never having doing anything electrical at all before. I didn't want to bother with unplugging it all the time so I built my switch right away. Hoping to brew again this weekend, have been done any brewing the past 3 weekends.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #19
julian81
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah it does feel good. I don't do much electrical work/projects either and I will admit, today's little project is probably why I should never work with electricity again. I foolishly forgot to unplug my extension cord when I went to cut the female plug end off. The breaker tripped and the wire EXPLODED in my hand. Luckily it was plugged into the ONLY GFCI outlet in my garage. For some reason the others aren't. I didn't even get shocked, but the lights going out, and the loud POP and the explosion in front of me was terrifying. I actually know better, but my extension cord was all wrapped up on a shelf, it looked like it was unplugged. Can't be too careful.

Terrifying. But I'm OK, and the project is complete and it works flawlessly. Just happy to be alive at this point, lol.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
PorterIV
Recipes 

Thanks for posting this discussion and the pictures. I brewed on my TT last night for the first time and really liked it. I have some bugs to work out but was curious how to mount the pump and a Therminator (if I move away from the IC).

Kegs: Hefe

Primary: Pale Ale

Quick Reply