Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Top Tier just arrived in my mail!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
SomedumbJerk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Blichmann Top Tier just arrived in my mail!

i started building it last night after work. if you guys order one, and you have burners and not just shelves, you may need someone to help you. the burners are heavy and awkward to install. but those things look LEGIT. I'll get some photos up of the process and post them in the next few days. the stand looks good. and please feel free to ask questions if you guys had any concerns or wonders about the stand.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
mnadamn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

you must have one large mailbox! Can't wait to see the pics... when are you breaking it in?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
RiverCityBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was impressed with how the stand was packaged... I came home one day to find 5 relatively small boxes sitting by my garage and thought that I only received half the order... that was until I started opening everything. Jerk, I suspect that you will love your Top Tier, I know I do.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
SomedumbJerk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityBrewer View Post
I was impressed with how the stand was packaged... I came home one day to find 5 relatively small boxes sitting by my garage and thought that I only received half the order... that was until I started opening everything. Jerk, I suspect that you will love your Top Tier, I know I do.
they are indeed well packaged. i used mine today for a mini mash Belgian wit for the lady. i had a bit of trouble getting the burner going. it kept on making huge popping noises and having flames come out the wrong end. i re Teflon taped everything and gave it another go. those burners are sensitive little guys. they don't like a lot of oxygen, apparently. the whole set up fits in my tiny little side yard with room to brew. i have it set up with a burner on the bottom, a shelf for the cooler above it, and a burner on the same level as the cooler opposite side for now. i took some photo's and i'll upload them tomorrow. I'm running late for an event for a charity bike ride at a wine bar. thinking about it makes the homebrew I'm drinking right now taste that much better....

oh and later i'll give a more detailed review.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
milholen
Recipes 

ok where's the detailed review? It's been 3 years -- how's the top tier holding up?

Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
Captain_Bigelow
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Had mine about 6 months now - put about 10 batches through it. I still really like it. To me the burners are amazing and so quiet.

Solidly built. Efficiently goes about its buisness causing no drama on brew day.

The only small negative for me is that it does not come with a cover. I keep it on my patio and drape a large tarp over it to keep it dry.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
ruffdeezy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milholen View Post
ok where's the detailed review? It's been 3 years -- how's the top tier holding up?
Not quite 3 years but I'm planning on ordering one in a week so I'm trying to get as much info about them from actual users as I can.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #8
flyfishnc
Recipes 

I've been very pleased with mine. I'm two brews into it and couldn't be happier. It took a little bit to get the tiers positioned the way that worked best for me. As the Captain said, those burners are nothing shy of awesome and quiet. No more yelling over the jet burners...

ruffdeezy, if you hit up my blog linked in my signature you'll see more pictures and info on the stand. Good luck with your stand!

Eric

Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Bigelow View Post
Had mine about 6 months now - put about 10 batches through it. I still really like it. To me the burners are amazing and so quiet.

Solidly built. Efficiently goes about its buisness causing no drama on brew day.

The only small negative for me is that it does not come with a cover. I keep it on my patio and drape a large tarp over it to keep it dry.
Where is your address?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #10
ruffdeezy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishnc View Post
I've been very pleased with mine. I'm two brews into it and couldn't be happier. It took a little bit to get the tiers positioned the way that worked best for me. As the Captain said, those burners are nothing shy of awesome and quiet. No more yelling over the jet burners...

ruffdeezy, if you hit up my blog linked in my signature you'll see more pictures and info on the stand. Good luck with your stand!

Eric
It's looking good, I love looking at all sorts of pics of the stand. I should have mine next week I think.

Quick Reply