Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Thrumometer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Blichmann Thrumometer

I just got this, and it looks like a good product. Simple, but simple is good. It's just a piece of aluminum with a stick on thermometer. Here's my issue: I recirculate my wort through the chiller and back into the kettle. I know that my chiller is effective, so I'm not worried about the output temp, but I want to know when I can shut off the pump, so what I want to know is the input temp, which should be synonymous with the avg temp in the kettle. It says that the product should not be exposed to temps above 140 F. I take it that's too hot for the stick on thermometer. Maybe I can find a stick on thermometer that can handle the heat?

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply