New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann thermometer inaccurate?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
bubujone35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Blichmann thermometer inaccurate?

Hey guys,

I just recently purchased a 10-gal Blichmann boilermaker. I am just now in the process of using it for the first time and I am having some difficulty.

Currently the thermometer is reading 180 degrees; however, it the actual water temperature does not appear to be that (from personal experience).

So, to verify the temperature, I checked manually with two other thermometers. My digital thermometer reads roughly 135 degrees. My lab thermometer also has the same reading of 135 degrees.

Has anyone else had this issue with a blichmann thermometer? Is there a way to fix this? I am frustrated as I spent a pretty penny on this piece of gear and now it appears as though the thermometer is WAY off what the actual water temperature is.

Any input or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 808 Times on 672 Posts

If you look at the back of the thermometer, you'll find a hex head that you can turn to calibrate your Brewmometer.

Note that if you re-position the face angle you'll need to reset the calibration...

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply