Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Modular Brewing Stand "Top Tier" (spring 09)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #71
ZooKeeper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

chuckger - love what you did with your stand. I've been looking at doing something similar & just ran across this thread. A couple of questions -

Any issue with stability using the 3in frame?
Do you know what the overall weight of it is?
Did you get wheels mounted?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #72
wcrooker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm interested about the wheels too. I have the 3" mast and the legs, so I'm getting ready to assemble it and I would like to have wheels on it too, also where did you get the leveling feet?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #73
ProzHack
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This thread's about a year old... but I'm really interested in building this myself! I'd love some more detailed pics on the shelf mounting/support. It seems hard to imagine that curved sheet metal with a few bolts is holding up that weight. Is there something else in there?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #74
chuckger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

So I now have my BrewTree set up with 4 burners, and 2 pumps. I can do 2 batches almost at the same time now with the 2 boiler tiers. As soon as the mash is done for the first batch I have the second batch doughed in usually before the first batch is boiling. With a 30 whirlpool for hop additions on the first batch last weekend I did 2 batches start to finish including cleanup in 6 hours. I was able to whirlpool the first batch for the extra 45 minutes while I was boiling the second batch, then crash them and one after another and transfer to fermenters. I love this stand it has shaved so much time of my brew day! I now have about $1200 wrapped up in the brewtree, and I will try to post a few pics of the newest system.

Too busy brewing to keep a log here....

richkev Likes This 

Quick Reply