Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Equipment/Sanitation (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/)
-   -   Blichmann Liquid Flow Meter (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/blichmann-liquid-flow-meter-358770/)

JLo 10-04-2012 04:07 PM

Blichmann Liquid Flow Meter
1 Attachment(s)
Does anybody know where I might be able to get a few flow meter like the one Blichmann has on their Tower of Power?

I don't need the sensor just a cone shaped liquid flow meter that could get you to boiling temps. Although if I had the sensor I could certainly use it.

Here is an image from Blichmann's web site.

Mpez 10-04-2012 04:39 PM

check ebay or elsewhere for liquid flow meters.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Connector-25-250L-h-Gray-Liquid-Flow-Measuring-Meter-/350609519031?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a1f4 b1b7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hedland-Variable-Area-SS-Water-Based-Fluid-In-Line-Flowmeter-0-2-2-GPM-NEW-/330803656391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d056f 36c7

JLo 10-04-2012 05:48 PM

Thanks Mpez for the reply. I've done the ebay search a few times, and looked at a few of them. What I liked about the Blichmann flow meter was the 1/2" connectors and the ability to flush out grain bits. Both flow meters could work, but I'm looking to see if anybody knows where to source the one Blichmann is using.

Gartywood 10-05-2012 12:22 AM

I'll bet you could order one as a replacement part through your favorite blichmann retailer.

luhrks 10-05-2012 12:55 AM

They tend to be "finicky" about selling bits and bobs.

JLo 10-05-2012 02:02 PM

I did email and chat with a couple of retailers. One suggestion was to buy the Tower of Power and then order a replacement flow meter. Then I would have 2. Although for the price, I'll likely just keep looking.

I did pick up the stainless one Mpez suggested "Hedland Variable Area SS Water Based Fluid In-Line Flowmeter 0.2 - 2 GPM NEW" Just add some tri clover fittings to each end I think I'll be in business. Essentially I'm trying to measure the flow rate out of the mash tun during recirculation and sparging. Apparently I suck at setting the same flow rate and getting a consistent sparge, so time to add some more equipment.....

bdjohns1 10-05-2012 02:31 PM

One way you might find a few more options is to search for "rotameter", which is the real name for these things.

skunker 10-05-2012 03:22 PM

Try this
There are a bunch of options like flow rate, fitting material, and type of seals.

JLo 10-05-2012 04:48 PM

Nice tip on the "rotameter" it looks like that's leading me down the right track.

I'm going to try the one I got off of ebay first.

paledragon 10-05-2012 10:48 PM

I used one of these for my RIMS:



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.