Just brewed a couple of batches this weekend and used the HopRocket for both. First batch was Denny's Rye IPA, second was a brown ale.
I fitted my HopRocket with quick connects. It seems to work pretty well, but several key points I've realized: (a) hoses have to be free of liquid before starting the pump (otherwise the flow seems to seize up -- I had wort in my hose to sanitize before connecting the HopRocket -- a mistake), (b) pump output has to be started minimal in order to not compact the hops in the HR (first time -- I had the output full blast -- and my wort into the Therminator was just a trickle -- another mistake), and (c) figure about a half-gallon (maybe more) of wort loss due to the hops in the HR.
Third batch tomorrow, and I should have the process figured out. I plan to boil down 8 gallons of a Double IPA to about 6.5 gallons or so over a 90 min boil -- aiming for 5 gallons (more or less) into the fermenter.
Wort in the fermenter definitely smells nice -- big, hoppy smell. First batch, I used 3oz of Cascade, second batch 2oz of Wilammette. I may stick with 2-3 oz or so in order to make sure I've got the process figured out.
Cleaning is a bit of a pain. Definitely needs a soak in OxyClean free after using. Lots of scraping off hops and stuff from the interior and the filter grates. But the actual assembly (and disassembly) is pretty quick.
Photo #1 -- 3oz Cascade.
Photo #2 -- All the parts.
Photo #3 -- Looking down into the HopRocket. Under the hops is the small filter grate with the rubber seal. I'm about the put on the rounded base (and rubber seal) -- and then I'll crank everything together.
Photo #4 -- In action. Wort-in is on lower right. Wort-out (to the Therminator near the top of photo) is out the top.