Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Fermenator Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
its02003
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Blichmann Fermenator Clone

So I am currently investigating making my own Blichmann Fermenator clone. The 14.5 is calling my name.

As part of this setup, I want to make a clone of his blow-off setup. I have not been able to find the part I need to get a tri-clamp connection attached to the lid. Everything else is (relatively) easy and I am trying to keep the whole project 100% weld free (except for the legs). I also figure if someone here knows of a WELD FREE connection I can use to attach the blow-off elbow, I can use that same part to attach the racking port and the dump valve, thus making the entire project weld free. Then I can start contemplating the pressurization issues.

Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about:

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/...%20Gallery.htm

The blowoff is the last picture to the right.

Since the site says that the item is compatible with every unit ever sold, I am assuming that the item requires no welding.

My other question is about the lid. On the lid of the Fermenator, there is a corny lid covering the hold. I have never owned or seen a corny up close and don't know how it works. I don't know how the lid of the Fermenator works and anyone who is privy to this information I would appreciate it if you could pass it on.

Just to state: I am not opposed to welding, I just would like to keep the amount I need to do to a minimum.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

In response to the thread: 6x beer buddy larger mix (which I'm not sure anyone knows what it means/is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRock View Post
I hate to sound stupid, but what is it that you are trying to sell? I'm sure I don't have one yet, but maybe I need one.
Brew Stand Pickup Tube Sight Glass Counter Flow Chiller Mash Manifold

Recipes:

Planning an Irish Red
Planning a Celebration Ale Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply