New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Conical Fermenter Manual?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
gruversm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Blichmann Conical Fermenter Manual?

Is there a published Blichmann Conical Fermenter Manual that can be downloaded?

On Tap:
Horehound Tripel,Gumballhead,Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Founder's Breakfast Stout Clone, Hefeweizen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 01:52 AM   #2
Chris_Dog
Orange whip?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I bought mine used and it too didn't have a manual. I emailed John at Blichmann with the part number and he was able to send me a PDF of the manual. John's email address is on the homepage of the Blichmann Engenerring web site.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
gruversm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Chris: You don't have the PDF to send?

On Tap:
Horehound Tripel,Gumballhead,Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Founder's Breakfast Stout Clone, Hefeweizen

Old 12-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Chris_Dog
Orange whip?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Sure enough... (I didn't even think of that)... PM me your email address and I will send it

Old 12-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 33

For what do you require the manual? Part numbers for replacement parts?

Just curious!

Bob

Old 12-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
bakins
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NQ3X View Post
For what do you require the manual? Part numbers for replacement parts?
I'm not the OP, but I do like to download and view manuals for some purchases ($$$) if possible. Sometimes this helps me decide whether to make the purchase or not, and at least I'll have a head start if I do order.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
StAnthonyB
Recipes 

The manual that it came with is fairly useless.

I did learn one thing from it. Other than a little wielding for the legs, you can pretty much assemble your own conical right out of the industrial parts catalogs.

The cone is a spun steel hopper, on which the manufacturer performs laser cuts for valves as an option, and that same goes for the dome cover in terms of laser cuts. The cover comes from a corny keg. The seal and ring come from a swimming pool filter. The legs are standard stock, and the valves are standard issue as well.

I do not have the 'tri-clamp' fittings for mine. I haven't searched yet but I am willing to bet that they can be purchased for like 1/4 the cost. If someone is able to source the 'tri-clamp' blow-off hose holder thing, it would be a service to us all.

If I ever desire to increase my fermentation capacity. I will do just this. I have all of the pieces pretty much already all picked out --- no interior wielding required.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #8
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAnthonyB View Post
The manual that it came with is fairly useless.

I did learn one thing from it. Other than a little wielding for the legs, you can pretty much assemble your own conical right out of the industrial parts catalogs.

The cone is a spun steel hopper, on which the manufacturer performs laser cuts for valves as an option, and that same goes for the dome cover in terms of laser cuts. The cover comes from a corny keg. The seal and ring come from a swimming pool filter. The legs are standard stock, and the valves are standard issue as well.

I do not have the 'tri-clamp' fittings for mine. I haven't searched yet but I am willing to bet that they can be purchased for like 1/4 the cost. If someone is able to source the 'tri-clamp' blow-off hose holder thing, it would be a service to us all.

If I ever desire to increase my fermentation capacity. I will do just this. I have all of the pieces pretty much already all picked out --- no interior wielding required.
The blow off thing looks like a 90 degree elbow and a hose barb. Pretty standard tri clamp fittings.

Quick Reply