Better Bottle leaks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breadbohn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been using a 5-gallon Better Bottle for primary fermentation for about 10 batches now or so. Last night, when I poured the wort in and was about to pitch, I noticed precious brown fluid pooling underneath the bottle. Sure enough, the Better Bottle was leaking, as I later checked by putting water in it.

My question is, is this common? I had thought of Better Bottles as extremely reliable, and I love how light they are. But maybe I'll be going back to glass.

Hey, manufacturers aren't perfect. There will always be bad products that accidentally make it past QC due to error. There's also the possibility of damage during shipping or mishandling. Maybe you're just lucky I guess ;)

You could always try to get a refund from the place you bought it. Or call the manufacturer. I've used Better Bottles for years over and over and never had a crack or leak. I can't say if glass is better but I can tell you that I pay a lot less for my plastic and I don't have to worry about it cutting me up if it somehow falls.

Back