New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Better Bottle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #11
McKBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I haven't had any experience with glass, and don't really care to. Better bottles are easy to move, easy to clean, and probably almost impossible to break. Looking forward to getting more in the future.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #12
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew
I haven't had any experience with glass, and don't really care to. Better bottles are easy to move, easy to clean, and probably almost impossible to break. Looking forward to getting more in the future.
Yep, and my back loves them. I picked up 4 at Morebeer.com for $18.95 each shipped to my house with no sales tax. Austin HBS wants $21.99 each and I would have to go get them and pay another $1.81 in sales tax bring the total to $23.88 compared to $18.95. I saved almost enought to buy another 5 gallon Better Bottle.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #13
Cool Hand
Recipes 

Thanks for the replies, I have 1 BB and 1 glass carboy so I guess I'll be able to compare this differences firsthand.

Sometimes nothin can be a real cool hand.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #14
AleHole
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I have been looking at these better bottles for a while. They are VERY proud of their valve/spigots though at $20 a pop. Are these even worth the money and has anyone had problems with them leaking? I know I have had problems with bucket spigots leaking.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #15
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 13

First off I have glass and better bottles. Iprefer the better bottle and am in the process of replacing the glass with plastic.

The only problem that I can think of is the better bottle cannot hold negative pressure.

This is only important if you use negative pressure to transfer beer via the wort wizard.

The wort wizard creates a vacuum in your carboy so that you can transfer from one vessel to the other even if they are on the same level.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 01-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #16
brewman !
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I decided against using the BB spigots. I use a racking cane and the carboy cap. I feel it gives me better control over placing the inlet of the cane where I want it in the yeast and its cheaper, easier to clean, etc. To start a siphon, I just blow into one port on the carboy cap. In now look forward to racking instead of dreading it.

Getting back into brewing...

Quick Reply