Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Best Place to order Equipment Online

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Justinieon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Best Place to order Equipment Online

I was wondering what a few of the better priced websites for the basic equipment would be? I am not fortunate enough to have a LHBS near me.

(Eastern USA----- Southwestern Virginia/Northeast Tennessee to be exact if anyone knows the area...)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Germelli1
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinieon View Post
I was wondering what a few of the better priced websites for the basic equipment would be? I am not fortunate enough to have a LHBS near me.

(Eastern USA----- Southwestern Virginia/Northeast Tennessee to be exact if anyone knows the area...)
I go to school at virginia tech and they have a decent store in blacksburg. For equiptment, if you want to order a lot of it, then I reccomend Austin home brew supply because over $100, your get free shipping which really adds up on heavy or bulky items.

Midwest brew supply has better prices, but really high shipping.

There are many many others but those are the only two I have experience with

If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 6 sharpening my axe. ~Abe Lincoln

Old 08-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Hogcrewer
Recipes 

I live in North Pole Alaska. Most company's seem to think that we live in another country or something. We can get most of our grains and hops and yeasts up here. That is not a problem.
I have done bussiness with Barginfittings, BrewersHardware and Brewhardware. All three of these guy's will communicate with you to make sure you get your order right. They are brewers. There not out to make a big profit like a couple of the homebrew catalog company's. Dont get me wrong. They are good also. But these three have great customer support and cheap/very fast shipping.
Anyone up here in Alaska asks me about any of my equipment, I will always point them to these guy's first.
Cant say enough. Drop me a line if you would like to know anymore.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
Captain_Bigelow
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

You may want to shop around. Some of the main ones I use are;
www.brewmasterswarehouse.com
www.morebeer.com
www.northernbrewer.com
www.austinhomebrew.com