Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Best grain mill

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #31
jholen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I did a lot of research on mills - it really came down to the controversy between Monster Mill and Crankensteins (do a forum search if interested) and I determined that I didn't want to take my business to either company as the bad blood turned me off (my personal opinion) so I went with a neutral party, Rebel Brewer and their Rebel Mill. No forum wars or controversy or bad blood spewed out on these forums being associated with that mill and I respect that.

Just my 0.02

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #32
berrywise
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 35

My decision came down to the Monster Mill or the Rebel Brewer. I'm sure I would have been satisfied with either but not knowing how long I'd have to wait before the RB came back into stock I went with the MM-2. I used it for the first time this week. Worked like a charm.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #33
AlkiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Awesome job on the milling station. It's nicer than the one at my LHBS! I'm planning on getting a mill and building a station soon, will be following your design, no need to re-invent the wheel. I like the storage container, how many pounds of grain will it hold? Where did you get it?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #34
berrywise
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Thanks for the comliment.

I bought the mill direct (well actually the wife got it for my for my birthday). They say the hopper will hold 30 pounds of grain. I do 10 gallon batches so it will hold more than I'll ever need.

The stand is made out of my old bathroom sink vanity. I put it on rollers so I can move it around. If you search my threads I have some more pics of it.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #35
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrywise View Post
Thanks for the comliment.

I bought the mill direct (well actually the wife got it for my for my birthday). They say the hopper will hold 30 pounds of grain. I do 10 gallon batches so it will hold more than I'll ever need.

The stand is made out of my old bathroom sink vanity. I put it on rollers so I can move it around. If you search my threads I have some more pics of it.
Hopper extension increases the base hopper capacity to 39 pounds of grain. I'll need to refill/top off the hopper when I make my epic barley wine this fall. Of course, that does depend on having a larger mash tun, but I digress.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Quick Reply