Beersmith problem!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCarnie

Reaction score
The area that list the ingredients during input will not appear. Therefore i can't remove, change, or highlight any ingredients. The gravity, color, and other stats affected by the ingredients still change, so I really have no idea how to fix this.
Any Advice?

make sure your beer type is the right one. If you are doing all grain and you have extract in the type everything will be treated as steeping grains. Hope that helps

I've had this problem a few times. I think every time except once I've been able to easily fix by removing the "newopts14.opt" file in the Compatability Files for Beersmith.

Go to My Computer > Local Disk (C:/) or wherever you installed Beersmith > Program Files > Beersmith

Look on the above menu and an icon for Compatibility Files should appear. Locate and delete the "newopts14.opt" and hopefully that'll take care of the problem.

Here's a link to a discussion I had on the Beersmith forum where Brad helped me out when I first had this problem.

Back