Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > BeerMachine + AllGrain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
walther
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default BeerMachine + AllGrain

Hi,

My brother tried brewing with the BeerMachine (no luck what so ever). So when I bottled the other day I put ~4 Litre primed beer (7g/L) in the beer machine.

It can hold about 10 Litre I think so there is lots of headspace. After a little more than a week it is still flat as water (there is some CO2 in the bottles).

Is the only option to put in CO2 cartridges, or maybe more sugar or some yeast ?

What would you recommend ?

Thank you,
walther

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2009, 12:47 AM   #2
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I've never heard of a beer machine, but if you have too much headspace I can't see you having much luck carbonating your beer. I'll have to google this contraption to get a better idea of what it is you're using, but if CO2 cartridges are an option, then that may be your best bet.

EDIT: It sounds like you have the option to add CO2:

Quote:
The Beer Machine has a pressure release valve to keep the naturally produced CO-2 inside The Beer Machine constant, a carbonation unit to add CO-2, and a dispensing system so no bottling is necessary.
I'd try that route first.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
beerocd
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It's a MrBeer / Party Pig combo - you brew beer in it and force carb in the same vessel.
Too much headspace, or you got a leak. Either way you'll need to get a cartridge to find out.

-OCD

Due to recent economic crisis, stock market crash, budget cuts, and the rising cost of everything including taxes: "The Light at the End of The Tunnel" has been turned off.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
walther
Recipes 

Hi,

Thank you for the replies, I'll tell him to fill it up with CO2 cartridges. (might take a few)

cheers,
walther

Quick Reply