Bazooka Screens... do you have one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got one, used it once. so far lauter is much easier (coming from a false bottom) and it filters "as good" as a false bottom.

they're pretty solid, it won't stretch.

i got one, used it once. so far lauter is much easier (coming from a false bottom) and it filters "as good" as a false bottom.

they're pretty solid, it won't stretch.

Interesting...what was difficult about the false bottom?

FWIW, I have both and I think the OP will be happy with either. The screen is actually pretty burly....definitely cheaper than a FB.

i've posted my frustration with it before.

never had that great of a lauter, jams up solid with any amount of wheat/adjuncts.

two weeks ago i had to abort the brewday; couldn't lauter because there was a ton of grain under the FB.

I use in my 10G Rubbermaid MLT. I avg 72% efficiency, and have never had a stuck sparge (both fly and batch).

Also have one in my BK as a hop screen. works well, but gets clogged quickly and I have to scrape it to drain. I'm thinking I nice whirlpool and a rest would be better. I hate to have to expose my wort to air and stirring once cooled. Them wild yeasts are everywhere!

I have used both a false bottom and a bazooka screen. But I finally settled on a bazooka screen beneath my false bottom; it works like a charm and I never have problems or even complaints with any brew.

Back