Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bayou Classic SQ14 - 46min 7.5 Gal

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #21
Donasay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkatuw
I just checked my SQ14 from Home Depot with the SS hose and on the regulator on a shiny silver sticker it says "10PSIG", so it looks like it's false advertising on HD's part.

Does anyone use their SQ14 for 10gal batches? I thought about trying it this weekend if I have time, but I don't want to wait over an hour to get a boil going.

I used to use mine for 10 gallon batches, and it didn't boil the wort in my keggle as vigorously as I would have hoped. I was kind of hoping to get a good rolling boil, but it was more of a small boil. Hence the need to upgrade to the 20 PSI regulator and get the vigorous boil and optimal hop utilization.

No matter how rich you are, you can still only drink 16 or 17 liters of beer a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #22
tgrier
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402
I have that burner with the 10psi reg and I get 14-15 gallons to a boil in about 45-50 minutes.
Not sure what your problem was other then you were boiling 7.5 gallons of WATER and not WORT.. A real waste of gas and time... lol

hahahahahaha good one...

I had to work late and started this experiment late at night...
I brewed the very next night ... hefe... good one too.

I think I am going to keep this unit. I think the banjo while more powerful would burn a ton of gas.

This one did fine and I cut 30 min of total time off my last boil over my older unit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply