Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bayou Classic SP10 - Regulator Setting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
bigben
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bayou Classic SP10 - Regulator Setting

I just have a quick Q for anyone that uses the Bayou Classic SP10.

How open do you run the regulator? My last brew(first time with the SP10) I ran it at about a half turn open. The thing turns about 3 full turns to fully open, so I was just curious if this was normal. I have a really vigorous boil too, and my propane tank feels really light. I will have to get it filled to see how much it actually used.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Funkenjaeger

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I don't think it's important what your regulator setting is, you should be adjusting the regulator to achieve a decent boil rate. I don't use the same burner, but I run mine full blast until it reaches boil and then crank it down and fine-tune to get it just up to a good rolling boil.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
bigben
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkenjaeger
I don't think it's important what your regulator setting is, you should be adjusting the regulator to achieve a decent boil rate. I don't use the same burner, but I run mine full blast until it reaches boil and then crank it down and fine-tune to get it just up to a good rolling boil.
Yea, i was just wondering. The thing sounds like a jet airplane and I only had it turned a half turn, and I definitely boiled off way more than I was shooting for. It was boiling so hard I couldn't see inside the keggle...it was making too much steam. After about 40 minutes I turned it down and still had a rolling boil.

Quick Reply