The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bayou Classic bulkhead and Valve (oil)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
05willys
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bayou Classic bulkhead and Valve (oil)

Not sure what kind of oil is on the bayou classic valve, but it reeks and I cant seem to get it all off. I tried running a bunch of water through while opening and closing the valve, I tried pbw, and I tried running near boiling water through, but it still leaves a film on the water when I fill the mash tun that has the valve on it and it still smells.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know what to do to fix the problem?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
CadillacAndy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 38

What using dish soap? Just make sure to triple rinse.

Looking for a way to give and receive beer feedback using online BJCP score sheets?
Check out - http://onlinebeerscores.com/ and my blog at http://onlinebeerscores.com/blog

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply