Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker MFG quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
vasie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker MFG quality

I recently order the Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker, the one that puts out 210,000 BTUs, and was very upset to find that the cook surface isn't level. It is bad enough that I wouldn't trust it to support a large pot--my 5.5 gal pot "wiggles." It supposedly will support a 120-L/30 gal pot!

I called them up and they sent me another unit and they told me that they were going to send a FedEx slip so I could ship it back for free--I was very pleased to hear it. After a week, when I was starting to wonder if they were going to mail me the slip, a new unit was delived, but no Fedex slip. So for the time being, I have two of them. I figure I will take a hammer to one and see if I can work it into a level surface. It is going to be a challenge to level it, though; this burner is very study, 30 lbs of iron beastlynes!

Has anyone else had a problem with this product? Does this company have a quality control problem or am I just unlucky?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #2
greg75

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasie
I recently order the Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker, the one that puts out 210,000 BTUs, and was very upset to find that the cook surface isn't level. It is bad enough that I wouldn't trust it to support a large pot--my 5.5 gal pot "wiggles." It supposedly will support a 120-L/30 gal pot!

I called them up and they sent me another unit and they told me that they were going to send a FedEx slip so I could ship it back for free--I was very pleased to hear it. After a week, when I was starting to wonder if they were going to mail me the slip, a new unit was delived, but no Fedex slip. So for the time being, I have two of them. I figure I will take a hammer to one and see if I can work it into a level surface. It is going to be a challenge to level it, though; this burner is very study, 30 lbs of iron beastlynes!

Has anyone else had a problem with this product? Does this company have a quality control problem or am I just unlucky?
I ordered the exact same cooker as you did, and mine was level. Not to say they never made a bad one, but I'm satisfied with what I ordered.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasie

You're complaining about a company that sent you a new unit when you informed them of a manufacturing defect? Sounds like a good company to me!
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:49 AM   #4
Beer Weevel
Recipes 

Default Banjo Cooker

I have two both are leval?

Quick Reply