Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Barley Crusher waits?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
TopRowSeat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Barley Crusher waits?

Can anyone confirm what the average wait time is on a Barley Crusher these days?

I ordered the smaller of the two Barley Crushers in late October and received confirmation from them on November 1st that the order was received.

Their website says: "Please note: Due to a recent and unexpected influx of orders, all new orders may be delayed up to 2 weeks before shipment."

I sent them an email on 12/1 looking for some form of status update and did not receive any response.

Has anyone ordered in November and received theirs yet?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
Scripts
Recipes 

It was just under two weeks for mine to arrive when I ordered it a few months back.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4481 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 870

I don't know. Mine is malfunctioning and I emailed them over a week ago on how to return it for the warranty work, or how to fix it myself. I never even got a return email.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

We have a thread or 2 discussing this.

And Biermuncher posted this on the fifth of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
I contacted Randy at BC Products to get an update on the Barley Crusher. There’s been some speculation lately as to the status of his business. This is not an advertisement. This is not an endorsement. Just wanted to hear first hand from the guy who is building a product that so many homebrewers talk about, and pass it along.

FWIW -

Thank you for your email, We are very much still producing and making and selling the Barley Crushers. We are busier than ever. We are in the process of moving into a bigger shop at this time. At this time we haven't been making the Micro Brew Series Malt Mills which are the mill we make for Home Brew Shops and Micro Brewers for commercial use. We are hoping to start back on making them sometime early next year. But as for the Barley Crushers for the Home Brewers…we are still making them and shipping them out as fast as we can. We do have a slight back order at this time but we have been doing everything we can to keep up with the demands and to get them shipped out as soon as we possibly can especially with the holiday coming up.

Thank you for your email and if there is anything else I can do for you please email me
Thank you again
Randy
B C Products Enterprises Inc.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
TopRowSeat
Recipes 

Damn, I hate getting caught asking a question with existing threads.

Thank you for the info.

Seems like they are going through some basic growing pains. It's a good problem to have. I hope it doesn't affect their quality or customer service.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #6
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4481 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRowSeat View Post
D

Seems like they are going through some basic growing pains. It's a good problem to have. I hope it doesn't affect their quality or customer service.
Well, apparently it has. I mean, if they offer a "lifetime warranty" and don't even respond to my problems via email (from their own website) then I'm already concerned.

That's incredibly poor customer service, to not respond in over a week. I'll send another email, but at least a response like "we're too busy making more customers to respond to your frivolous emails about a non-working product of ours" would be better than no response at all!!!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #7
Fat_Bastard
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a feeling the folks at barley crusher are their own worst enemy.seems a lot of the major online suppliers have or are developing their own knock off mill due to barley crushers inability to supply the demand.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
BrewThruYou
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Bastard View Post
I have a feeling the folks at barley crusher are their own worst enemy.seems a lot of the major online suppliers have or are developing their own knock off mill due to barley crushers inability to supply the demand.
Pretty much. I have a BC, but I'd probably look elsewhere if I was ordering anew just because of lag times and communication issues.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
DubBrew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I just ordered one despite knowing the delay issues. I'm hoping they get the back log issue worked out. I like the reviews I've seen of them and the lifetime warranty (hoping yooper can confirm they honor it). The new cereal killer only had a six month warranty and is currently sold out on homebrewing.org. Some of the alternatives are more than I'd like to spend. Hopefully it arrives shortly after the first of the year!

As with many small businesses popularity is something they are not often prepared for.

Primary: Robust Porter
Next Up: Flander's Red

http://twitter.com/Tom_Ayers
Untappd: DubBrew
BJCP Certified

Old 12-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
TopRowSeat
Recipes 

You just moved up one spot in line.

I have politely requested today that they cancel my order and provide a refund.

Quick Reply