Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Assistance needed with SS braided water line.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default Assistance needed with SS braided water line.

I need some assistance with how to make a wort strainer out of braided SS water line.
I'm trying to make a mash/Lauter tun for the mini mash system in this post:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8805
I've seen other people use this water line before but I need some advice.
How do you cut the line and how is the rubber lining removed?
Also, how is the whole thing connected to the spigot that drains into the kettle?

Any assistance, advice, or better yet photos is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Rich

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #2
davidkrau
Recipes 

Rich :If the Plastic Insert is still in the Ss braid It cuts easily with a hacksaw. OIf you hachsaw off the fittings the Plastic pipe will slid out. Once the plastic pipe is out, if you want to cut the braid I used a large pair of Scissors. I may have ruined the scissors.
If you go to the All grain threads and scroll down to the April 16 Thread "Mashtun Manifold: Copper vs Pvc" Page 3 & 4 has a detailed writeup & pictures for SS braided manifolds.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkrau
Rich :If the Plastic Insert is still in the Ss braid It cuts easily with a hacksaw. OIf you hachsaw off the fittings the Plastic pipe will slid out. Once the plastic pipe is out, if you want to cut the braid I used a large pair of Scissors. I may have ruined the scissors.
If you go to the All grain threads and scroll down to the April 16 Thread "Mashtun Manifold: Copper vs Pvc" Page 3 & 4 has a detailed writeup & pictures for SS braided manifolds.
Thanks for the info!
I found that you need to push the braid off the tubing as opposed to pulling it. The braid acts like finger cuffs. The more you pull on it the tighter it gets. Once I got the braid partially off, I pushed on it and it slid right off.

Cheers,
Rich

Quick Reply