Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Is this ascam??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #11
AndrewD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Looking at the other domains from his IP there is nothing too suspicious. There is altitudecoffee.com which has a write-up in The Columbus Dispatch, but it is written by a "news release" service called PRWeb. But it might be wise to wait for an actual photo of the product.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #12
BronxBrew
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 13

If it takes 3 days to get it down to 65. Isn't the most important firment time the first three days ?

Old 08-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
Cromwell
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBrew View Post
If it takes 3 days to get it down to 65. Isn't the most important firment time the first three days ?
It says 80->65 in 3 hours, not 3 days.

Primary: Beer / Secondary: Beer / Lagering: Old beer.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
brewtime
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I emailed them and got a response

Quote:
Hi Drew,

The Lager Jacket is currently under development and are hoping for a release some time in 2013. We will keep you up to date as we progress, thanks for your interest!

Aaron Walls
The Lager Jacket
you guys kill me with quick to call this a scam. looks like he is legit.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
Demon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 10

That site has been around a few years. The owner answered questions in a thread here before. Basically the site produces multiple prices when you click "order" so they can see what price drove the most orders.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Maxkling
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 10 Posts

A quick whois look up shows he is not masked, and is all his personal info. So unless he stole someones id, he didn't purchase additional privacy for his domain. Which means either hes the dumbest scammer or hes legit.

There was someone recently that just used TEC's to make a keggerator. So it is very possible what his concept entails.

"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

"Gun Control Means Using Both Hands."

Old 08-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2775 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtime View Post
I emailed them and got a response

you guys kill me with quick to call this a scam. looks like he is legit.
Well, he's site doesn't explicitly SAY that the product is "under development" does it? Nor does it say it is a "test" website....So if someone sends a check for 150 and he accepts the money, I would say he's running a scam.....

Not saying he's doing that. But his site doesn't say the the product is ready.

Like I said (I never called it a scam, just that it was fishy) noone's yet come up with a truly working TEC fermentation jacket yet, especially one reasonably priced.

There's an ancient Islamic saying, that I've taken to heart where money is concerned, "trust god, but tie up your camels."

The closest anyones come to something like this on a commercial level is that "sleeping bag" thingy that TEX had a drawing for a few months back that you stuck a fermenter in along with frozen water bottles.

I've got an idea for something for my own use but haven't actually put it together yet. So I know how difficult it is to come up with something workable, that's why my suspicions (Yet still hope that they succeed) are out there.

If they're accepting money, then they're a scam....if they are floating a test I hope it succeeds...If it can be done for 150 and works better than my idea, I'll be the first to order one...

Once it's been used by other people and get's positive reviews....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #18
brewtime
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Well, he's site doesn't explicitly SAY that the product is "under development" does it? Nor does it say it is a "test" website....So if someone sends a check for 150 and he accepts the money, I would say he's running a scam.....

Not saying he's doing that. But his site doesn't say the the product is ready.
Did you even click on the order button. I would guess not since this is the message you would have seen if you did.

Quote:
Thank you for your interest

The Lager Jacket is still under development. Please enter your email address for release updates.
Oh My your bad.

So I guess your rant is mute huh

Old 08-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #19
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2775 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtime View Post
Did you even click on the order button. I would guess not since this is the message you would have seen if you did.

Oh My your bad.

So I guess your rant is mute huh
No I didn't, it's good to see. Though I still find it fishy to have a website floating a project that's not finished yet....get's people all curious.

You know, you're awfully pissy about a product that's not even here yet. Why you jumping in our (especially my) sh!t for something that a) isn't even here yet, and b) I even said, I'd be the first in line if IT WAS AVAILABLE?

Trying to gain some troll points or something? Seriously, there's nothing about this thread, or our naturally curious and protective reactions to warrant your snarkiness..... Everyone in this thread obviously hopes these guys succeed and the product becomes available. We clearly all want something like this...that's NOT the point of this thread.

Just having a discussion about the curiousness of the website. No one's saying this isn't a great idea, and we don't hope this turns out to be true.

No point in being a jerk about our reactions....

*shrug*

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

LabRatBrewer Likes This 
Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 AM   #20
brewtime
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

No troll points. the fact is I never called out anyone just made an observation one the thread as a whole. I never singled anyone out untill you quoted my post and decided to jump on me so I responded. The way it looks with your last post you are the defensive one and the one getting ****ty. I have no stake in this product although it does look interesting to me. I hope this guy does succeed.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS