Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Anyone use this burner with a keggle?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
RCannin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 1 Posts

Default Anyone use this burner with a keggle?

Hi All:
I know this might sound like a stupid "is this safe" question, but the Keggle seems to fit snuggly around the rim... Does anyone use this burner with a keggle? Any suggestions on making it more secure? Thanks again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
Catt22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I don't have that particular burner myself, but I have seen a simple solution for making it somewhat safer and more stable. The fix that I saw was to place a BBQ grate between the burner and the kettle. The replacement grates can be bought at any of the big box stores. Another solution would be to weld some extensions to the current burner stand. A no-weld solution could be to drill through the upper rim of the stand and install some bolts long enough to extend beyond the bottom rim of the kettle. Half inch diameter bolts should be sufficient to support the kettle safely.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply