Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Anyone running the Tower of Power?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Goldenboy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Anyone running the Tower of Power?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the Top Tier system (three burner) and plan on adding the Tower of Power with one controller to start. I'll add the other later. I'm not a DIYer, so I've decided its the best one for me for a number of reasons. Plus, I really feel comfortable with the quality of Blichmann products.

That being said, has anyone incorporated the Tower of Power into their system? If so, I'd love to hear how you like it and any tips you may have. I'm also curious how you mounted/incorporated it into your Top Tier system.

tx in advance,

Cheers

SG

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
vince805
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't have the top tier system, but if you read through the TOP manual it says there is a utility shelf you can purchase that you can then set the TOP control panel onto. I've only used my TOP CP for one brew session so far, but it's pretty slick!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
dermotstratton
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just received my Power of Tower and Top Tier stand yesterday. Started to put together the Top Tier tonight and hope to put everything together this weekend. The instructions state that you can get an optional mounting bracket that will allow you to mount tower to the top tier stand. As a default, the tower comes as a free standing unit. I think the tower will be hand, because all of the plumbing is taken care of in a compact way. I can't seem to find this "optional mounting bracket" for sale anywhere. Going to give Blichmann a call tomorrow.

I'll post update to this thread as I complete the build and try it out.

I'm really excited about this system. I know lots of people say it's overpriced, but you are getting a modular, well engineered system. You can probably replicate it yourself, but it will take a lot of hours and lot of headaches. I prefer to spend my limited time on brewing, so this was a perfect solution for me.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Goldenboy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks, i haven't seen the optional mounting bracket (to mount the tower to the top tier) either. Would love to hear what you learn from Blichmann. I also pulled the trigger on the tower and one controller for now. Although, I plan to upgrade to two controllers in the not too distant future.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
dermotstratton
Recipes 

Sounds good. I'll be interested to see how you set yours up. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward putting HLT up high and MLT and BK at the same level low.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
Goldenboy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

That's exactly what I was thinking. Trying to figure out plumbing now.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
dermotstratton
Recipes 

I just got off the phone with Northern Brewer. It turns out that the optional mounting bracket for mounting the ToP to the TT has not been released by Blichmann yet. They suggested that I just set up the ToP with the legs provided for now and then when Blichmann releases the mounting bracket, I can mount to tower. (It will just be a matter of taking off the legs, mounting bracket onto TT and then snapping ToP onto bracket). He said he believes the bracket will retail for $150. I was surprised it is going to be that much, but will have to wait and see the design to figure out if it is a complete ripoff or not.

With regards to plumbing, I'm also trying to figure out how to set up autosparge so that it can work for both mash recirculation and sparging. I think it might be one of those things that becomes more obvious once I have everything set up. Also trying to figure out how to drain to boil kettle and whether or not you can monitor this flow rate through the flow meter included on ToP.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
morgan43
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I like the ability to move the tower.

image-1376379770.jpg  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
dermotstratton
Recipes 

Can you explain your setup? Do you have HLT up high, MT at mid level and BK at low level?

It looks like you only have controller for MT. Do you just control sparge water temperature manually?

If you could post more pics or an explanation of your setup, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
Goldenboy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Check out the video on the Blichmann website if you haven't yet. It shows how to hook up the sparge and HLT basically using the same piping. It may only work using their proprietary autosparge...

Quick Reply