Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Any risk to bypassing fridge cycle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #1
Ryan_PA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Any risk to bypassing fridge cycle

I have pretty much finished a build similar to this:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=35125

Except mine is contained in a pre-existing base cabinet. Currently I have a Watlow controller handling the on/off duties, but I wnat to know if it is safe to bypass the on-board thermostat and do away with the fridge cycle. Is there any potential ill effect to going this route?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
kladue
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

Should not be any problems if you use the Watlow controller in place of the existing thermostat. Only thing you need to do is check the time between compressor cycles and adjust the deadband setting on the controller to get at least 10 minutes between cycles. This will help the compressor out as this allows the pressure in the system to equalize and makes starting easier.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply