Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > ANOTHER Turkey Fryer Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #1
Orpheus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default ANOTHER Turkey Fryer Question

Did anyone pick up or is anyone familiar with the Turkey Fryer on sale at Target last week (the $29 one?)

I'm specifically looking for the BTU output on it. I went by today and they have many left. The brand name seems to be "The 'Original' Turkey Fryer," but the box didn't have much information about it. They weren't on clearance, yet! (I'll be visiting daily to see when they go on clearance.)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2006, 02:50 AM   #2
bikebryan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Did anyone pick up or is anyone familiar with the Turkey Fryer on sale at Target last week (the $29 one?)

I'm specifically looking for the BTU output on it. I went by today and they have many left. The brand name seems to be "The 'Original' Turkey Fryer," but the box didn't have much information about it. They weren't on clearance, yet! (I'll be visiting daily to see when they go on clearance.)
If you are waiting for these to go Clearance at Target, you'll be waiting a while. I used to be in charge of Home Improvement at the Target I worked at, and I can tell you these sell pretty good until after Christmas. After that they go on clearance for just a bit, but it seldom goes beyond 30 percent. They actually carry them year-round, just not as many as they do during Oct-Dec times.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
djamwolfe
Recipes 

If its like the cheap ones they sell at bass pro or walmart (looks like they use the same burner) they are around 55k. Northern brewer has just a burner that is the same design lookie here http://www.northernbrewer.com/pics/f...55k-burner.jpg

MMMMM Koelsh
SNPA Clone
Bastard Wheat
Choco Oatmeal Stout
Getting Ready:
Steam Beer

Old 12-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Orpheus

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I broke down and bought it finally. Went yesterday and they were still on clearance for $25.90. Seems like that's as low as they're going. Someone gave me a $15 gift certificate to Target for the holidays. I got one for $12 out of pocket. It doesn't get any better than that!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
platypotamus
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I just found the exact same fryer on clearance at Target today. How did it work out for you? half-decent?

thanks.

Quick Reply