Sunday was Brewday this past weekend, and it looked to be a day like any other. The wort was cooled, the equipment and carboy was sanitized and I had a two day old starter (my first! ) ready to pitch. I was not worried. This was also my first time playing with Star-San and I was amazed by the sheer mass of bubbles left in the carboy. I did not worry. I poured the wort into my carboy and watched that huge mass of bubbles rise and spill out of the carboy from between neck and funnel. I did not worry. I poured my top off water and more bubbles came out like the Blob from a sewer grate. I worried. For some reason, the spirit of insanity took ahold of me and I decided that I needed to GET RID OF THOSE BUBBLES!!! I grabbed a chain of paper towels, soaked them in vodka, and wrung them out. Despite the fact that wet towels don't soak things up very well and despite the fact that I was about to introduce a foreign, barely sanitized object into virgin wort, I plunged the paper towels into the bubbles; certain of the rightness of what I was doing. After seeing that this was doing no good I pulled the paper towels out of the wort. "Hmmmm, this looks kinda short", I thought to myself and looked aghast with horror as a large paper towel floated lazily in my wort, about 3 inches below the surface, and slowly floating down...down...down... I did not worry. I panicked. I ran to the bathroom where I had a bucket of Star-San solution and quickly sanitized a carboy brush. Dashing to the kitchen I fished the towel out w/ the brush, pitched the yeast and spent the next few minutes kicking myself for doing something so #*&%$ stupid. I swear I saw Timothy Treadwell shaking his head at me. In any case, things look and smell alright so far in the primary, and if(when) the brew makes it, I'm gonna dub it "Bounty-full Mild".