Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Aluminum Kegs??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
adtique
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Aluminum Beer kegs wanted

I am looking for old half/quarter and eighth barrels. They are mostly from the 1960/70's. Anyone know where I can buy some?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #12
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1940 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

I actually ended up purchasing one like the picture from a flea market down the road. I cut open the top and am still trying to decide if I want to use it or not. I'll have to bang on the bottom and have someone weld a spot on the side, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work for boiling in, and I could use a bigger boil kettle.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
FlyinkibbleZ
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i have one of those pots that i use for a HLT. i have a thermometer and sight gauge drilled into it, and after multiple boils havent had any off flavors or any part of that coating come off.

i was a little worried at the beginning as well, but haven't had any issues yet.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother F@&!*! upside the head

Quick Reply