Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Adding Easy Whirlpool off CFC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
doggage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Adding Easy Whirlpool off CFC

I have a CFC a la Cheyco's design, with a 3/8 soft copper output. When I cool, I'm recirculating from that back into my BK right now with a bit of silicone tubing, but I'd like some kind of flexible but rigid tubing that could articulate into the BK and whirlpool. I was thinking maybe just a long piece of 3/8 copper but would like to be able to remove it for storage. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
harley03
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Doggage,

My thoughts if you’re using a converted keg as a boil kettle is just to make a solid 3/8 tube from copper and a few elbows that is positioned inside the boil kettle. The tube would run from the top of the kettle down the side and then have a 90 degree elbow that would direct flow to the outer perimeter of the kettle forming your whirlpool.

You would then just install a quick disconnect to hook your hose of from the CFC to the kettle. This is what I plan on doing with my HERMS design only out of 1/2 inch.

Another idea that I have seen floating around is using loc-line from McMaster. This is flexible plastic line that can be adjusted to many positions and have many uses. Just search loc-line.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"Wow! What a Ride!""

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply