Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > 7cu ft freezer sale starting tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #71
J-Pizzel
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

has anyone ordered a kegerator kit for one of these yet? I've been eyeballing Keg Cowboy & Keg Connections. They're both pretty convenient for upgrades since I already have my kegs and CO2 tank/regulator. I'm just looking for the best bang for my buck...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #72
bknifefight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I ordered a 4 tap system from KegConnection. It was a fair price and it came quickly.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #73
pdxbg
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Ordered a 2 tap, dual reg system from kegcowboy yesterday. Will be expanding to 4 later. Keg connection seemed to be a little bit higher in price when I was looking on my phone.

Primary #1 - Pale Ale
Primary #2 - Nut Brown
Secondary #1 - Air
Secondary #2 - Air

Bottled:
Pumpkin Ale

Kegged:
#1 - Bourbon Vanilla Porter
#2 - Red Rye
#3 - Cider
#4 - Empty.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #74
digi2k
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pizzel View Post
has anyone ordered a kegerator kit for one of these yet? I've been eyeballing Keg Cowboy & Keg Connections. They're both pretty convenient for upgrades since I already have my kegs and CO2 tank/regulator. I'm just looking for the best bang for my buck...
I ordered my setup last year and just checked my invoice, i paid $337 in June 2011 for the 4 keg complete kit from Midwest supplies and upgraded to a 10# tank ($30 of that was shipping). I shopped around for quite awhile looking for the best deal. It looks like the price went way up, but it still looks like midwest is cheaper than most...

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brew-...-manifold.html
Old 11-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #75
J-Pizzel
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've been piecing together everything I need for 4 taps with all of the various sites. I finally bit the bullet and ended up with Keg Connection, with 4 taps, upgraded to Perlick 575s (I wanted the 525s but they were sold out) and it all came out to approx 350. I already have my kegs, CO2 tank, and regulator. I'll have to sell the included regulator once it come in. STOKED!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #76
orion7144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

Is anyone else using the STC-1000 to regulate the temp while used as a keezer? I do not plan on hooking up a heat source I just want to keep it at a good serving temp. Or have you just adjusted the temp controller built into the unit? I will be picking mine up tonight and have the STC on order from a US ebay seller for $23. Also bought the two port setup from keg connection today since it was on sale for the black Friday weekend. So I will start my build next weekend.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #77
zeg
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I'm using the STC-1000 with the freezer I bought. I built a box similar to the one that Revvy describes somewhere (which he built based on someone else's design --- search the site for it), but without the always-on outlet. All parts considered (and I had to buy everything, including wires), it was about $75 for the box, I think.

I'm using it to hold lager fermentation temperatures at about 50°F. I've got a small ceramic space heater inside just in case it needs to warm up, but at the moment there's no need for that.

I don't think there's any way to hold a fridge like this at a beer serving temp without a temperature controller. You could do this by taking over the compressor directly rather than using a line power relay like the STC-1000, but it's essentially the same thing.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #78
barrooze
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pizzel
I started my kegging adventures with a two tap system from Keg Cowboy when they were still in Houston. You can go all out and get everything you'll ever need for your keezer, but I went kind of barebones and now have a four tap (+1 in reserve) keezer with dual body regulator and all 525ss faucets. It's always fun to add more bling to your keezer.
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Festbier (ECY15), Oaked Brett Saison Primary: Night Howl Pumpkin Ale Souring: Sour Brown (ECY01), Oaked Brett Saison on Rhubarb On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Zombie Dust clone Updated: 2014/09/27
Untappd: barrooze

Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #79
barrooze
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pizzel
I'll have to sell the included regulator once it come in.
How much are you thinking? I'm looking for a spare for a mobile dispensing system. Also, I'm sure there are a bunch of kegging newbies here that might be interested.
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Festbier (ECY15), Oaked Brett Saison Primary: Night Howl Pumpkin Ale Souring: Sour Brown (ECY01), Oaked Brett Saison on Rhubarb On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Zombie Dust clone Updated: 2014/09/27

Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #80
barrooze
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion7144
Is anyone else using the STC-1000 to regulate the temp while used as a keezer? I do not plan on hooking up a heat source I just want to keep it at a good serving temp. Or have you just adjusted the temp controller built into the unit? I will be picking mine up tonight and have the STC on order from a US ebay seller for $23. Also bought the two port setup from keg connection today since it was on sale for the black Friday weekend. So I will start my build next weekend.
Just make sure you use good wires (14Awg or better). In the STC-1000 build thread, the experts say with the current a freezer can draw may be too great for 16 or smaller. Just an FYI.

Quick Reply