The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > 32 qt Turkey Fryer DEAL

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
jtlawlor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default 32 qt Turkey Fryer DEAL

I don't know if this is allowed here - but I thought I would post a Turkey Fryer deal that I found and picked up 1 for myself.

Bass Pro Shop: $39 (normally $79)
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...cmCat=10010100

Primary: always something...

Brewed: Scottish Ale 80 - Ode to Arthur Stout - Benrath Alt - Araucania Huaso Wit - Two Hearted Ale - Dark Star Porter - Yoopers Dead Guy Ale - Cassandra the Dark, Russian Imp. Stout - Yooper's Fat Tire - Scott-A-Tron IPA - Orange Kolsch - I69PA - Rye Opener - Lick Me I am an Irish Stout - Fat Thaddeus the Third Triple - Holy ESB of Antioch

*Member of PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts)

O'Leathlobhair Brewery

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Sure you can post that and it's appreciated. Seems like a good deal. However, you might have to dissable the timer function. Use the search function as this is a rather common nuisance with these units.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
imprez25
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

seems like a good deal. Though the pot size might be limiting for some folks who want to do larger boils. Sam's Club has good prices on larger pots, if you have a sam's club card that is. If I had seen this three weeks ago, I would be ordering this. However, I have the SP10 from Amazon.com and a 40qt al pot from sam's. Total price for me was $80.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
LiquidAthlete
Recipes 

Thanks for the insight. I'm in the market so I'll have to do some research.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlawlor View Post
I don't know if this is allowed here - but I thought I would post a Turkey Fryer deal that I found and picked up 1 for myself.

Bass Pro Shop: $39 (normally $79)
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...cmCat=10010100

So have you tried this yet? I have read the description on the website and it sounds like the timer could just be a timer and not a device that shuts off the burner.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
jtlawlor
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Did my first brew in it Saturday. Worked well. Sturdy legs heavy for it size. Standard aluminum pot. I liked the "rail" adds a bit of safety to the pot on the stand... but I only installed 1 of the 2 rails.

Had one boil over - because I fumbled getting to the regulator as I saw the boil coming up, but I caulk that up to inexperience with the setup.

I guess my only con would be the timer. YES it does shut off the burner after 20mins, and it was annoying. BUT it definitely can be disabled.

I am going to try to disable it soon. If so, I will post results.

Primary: always something...

Brewed: Scottish Ale 80 - Ode to Arthur Stout - Benrath Alt - Araucania Huaso Wit - Two Hearted Ale - Dark Star Porter - Yoopers Dead Guy Ale - Cassandra the Dark, Russian Imp. Stout - Yooper's Fat Tire - Scott-A-Tron IPA - Orange Kolsch - I69PA - Rye Opener - Lick Me I am an Irish Stout - Fat Thaddeus the Third Triple - Holy ESB of Antioch

*Member of PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts)

O'Leathlobhair Brewery

Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlawlor View Post
Did my first brew in it Saturday. Worked well. Sturdy legs heavy for it size. Standard aluminum pot. I liked the "rail" adds a bit of safety to the pot on the stand... but I only installed 1 of the 2 rails.

Had one boil over - because I fumbled getting to the regulator as I saw the boil coming up, but I caulk that up to inexperience with the setup.

I guess my only con would be the timer. YES it does shut off the burner after 20mins, and it was annoying. BUT it definitely can be disabled.

I am going to try to disable it soon. If so, I will post results.

Thanks for the update. Man, I really hate being a dumb American who is too stupid to operate a burner without a timer to turn it off for me. But having someone take care of us seems to be what many want.

Quick Reply