LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #51
Yesfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 209

^^^ So looks like about a week to ship huh.

I ordered mine just a few minutes ago. I ordered the 2.5 keg system, but was able to substitute the stackable keg for the rubber ones. After asking Mike about it, he added that option to order. $209 plus shipping if you add a 5lb CO2 tank.

So looks like I'm finally going to be able to start kegging. I have an old chest freezer I got from my mom that I'll use until I get a smaller one for my bar. Still need to get a temp controller, but might wait a couple of weeks. I have a batch in primary, so I have time til I get paid again.

Kegged: St Paddy's Irish Stout, Chocolate Milk Stout. La Petite Orange, Dead Ringer IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #52
Yesfan

Recipes 

Just got my order in from Adventures. They shipped it faster than I expected. The keg looks pretty nice. After looking it over, I noticed the posts are to the front and back of the lid instead of off to the sides. Kinda makes opening the keg a bit harder, but it looks like they had to be made that way so the tall handles don't get in the way of the posts. The keg measures 14.5" tall and the handles more than clear the disconnects. If you had to, you could run the hoses underneath the handles.

Now, I'm trying to decide whether to use this keg for my nut brown and split the difference to bottles, or just transfer the whole batch to one of my 5 gallons......

Kegged: St Paddy's Irish Stout, Chocolate Milk Stout. La Petite Orange, Dead Ringer IPA

Old 09-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #53
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Mine were also delievered today. I'm away until tomorrow night, but I'm anxious to check them out.

Tap 3: Empty - APA coming June
Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:
Cold Conditioning: IPA
On Deck: Kolsch
On Deck: Pale Ale
On Deck: Dusseldorf Altbier

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 09-20-2012, 04:07 AM   #54
jrb03
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I racked my Irish red to my new keg on Monday. Have it carbing at 12 psi serving pressure. I'll give it a try in about a week. Very happy with keg so far.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #55
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I'm very pleasantly surprised. These are actually heavier than I imagined they would be. Each one was in it's own box and enclosed in a bubble wrap bag. I actually expected them to be in one box with foam peanuts or something. So the overall packaging is nice. If UPS were to get careless (and we all know that never happens), you could have some dents. But overall, I'm pleased. I think I'll buy two more.

Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 09-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #56
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Hello again Lads:
I thought I would post a photo of these things stacked. I placed a can next to them for scale. Total height is about 29"

Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:

-Ernest Hemingway

Old 09-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #57
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

So stacked are they taller than a traditional 5 gallon keg?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #58
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Revvy, I sold my 5gal kegs 12-15yrs ago when I stopped brewing for a while. So, I don't know the height of one. But, these are just a tad under 29" tall when stacked.

Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:

-Ernest Hemingway

Old 09-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #59
BlakeL
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
So stacked are they taller than a traditional 5 gallon keg?
According to this chart, they would be taller.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #60
Yesfan

Recipes 

I agree with Blake. Mike at AIHB told me total height of two of the stackable kegs is 29" I only have one of the stackable kegs, but it measures at 14.5" and that clears the height with any disconnects since they sit just below the handle height. I measured one of my 5 gal cornies and it was at 25".

I think if you're kegerator/keezer has 30" of clearance, you should have no issues with a couple of stacked 2.5s.

Quick Reply