New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > 10 Gallon Cooler False Bottoms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
adx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default 10 Gallon Cooler False Bottoms

After another stuck sparge this weekend I'm finally ready to call using a braid quits. I'm thinking about getting a false bottom, but want to know everyone's experience with the different variations in a standard, orange, round Rubbermaid 10 gallon cooler. Do you just use the 12" mesh that connects via a 3/8" hose or do you have something else that you find works better? I think I would prefer something that doesn't need a hose since most of my battles has been crushing a braid with my mash paddle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
rexbanner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Haven't had any problems using sillicone tubing with my false bottom/orange rubbermaid. I did an imperial American wheat with no rice hulls and draining my tun full blast with no stuck sparge, either.

Peep my nanobrewery: http://crookedrunbrewing.com

On tap at the brewery:
Logan's Song English pale
Hopsail Belgian single
Hellfire Black IPA
Summer Night raspberry dark saison

Crooked Run Brewing: Traditional ales, local ingredients

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply