10" Banjo Burner
I bought 2 of these burners. I posted several questions about burner heights/adjustments etc. It seems that everyone has adjusted their's a little different, like most HB things. I tried several different arrangements and here are some of the things that I learned:
* The burner face is about 4" from the bottom of the keggle.
* I put a windscreen from the keggle seat to about 4" below the burner.
* I drilled out all of the burner holes with a drill bit that was just smaller
than the holes.
* I am using one of the 30 psi adjustable regulators.
* I spent about 20 minutes adjusting the air/fuel ratio to get the "perfect"
blue flame that stays just under the "rim" of the keggle.
* I started with 65F water.
* A five gallon boil will get to a rolling boil in about 24 minutes.
* A 12.5 gallon boil will get to 160F in about 40 minutes and a good rolling
boil in 65 minutes.
* Boil times don't really vary with or without a lid.
* It is "whisper" quiet.
I think this is a little slow compared to some of the threads that I've read on here. What do ya'll think? All questions/comments/concerns welcome. - Dwain
Last edited by Dwain; 03-29-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Reason: out of order