wyeast 2278 /smelly stuff
Hey all I just opened a pack pf wyeast 2278 czech pils to add to a starter. I was surprised at the smell of it. Didn't smell at all like any other yeast I have used before and this is the first time using this yeast. Tasted off too. Anyone else notice this. Also it is about 3 weeks past it's best date. I am leery of pitching this stuff before getting any feedback if this is normal for this yeast. Thanks. D
- Craft Beer MAW
- enough yeast? do I need more?
- Indie Music Lovers?
- What are you drinking now?
- First small hop farm. Help Please. Questions
- 4 days long enough to stabilize?
- BYO Magazine?
- Any other recent/to be new Dads?
- FINALLY!!! A non glass hydrometer for sale
- Whats the main cause of bottlr bombs? Over carbonation?
- removing paint from delirium tremens bottles