Kegging the Harvest Ale
Decided to keg the Harvest Ale I brewed a couple of weeks ago. I'm running low on bottles and I'd like to have this ready by the 22nd. Cleaned and sanitized everything, and stuffed a gallon freezer bag worth of cascade/nugget hop cones in the corny. I popped the bucket open and could definitely smell the hops and alcohol. I took a gravity reading and the FG was 1.010. Afterwards, I tasted the end of the FG sample and it was very spicy. The color was on the golden side. Next time I do this recipe I'll have to 60L caramel malt and maybe more chocolate malt to up the redness. I racked the beer and stuck the keg in the refrigerator. When I was cleaning the bucket, I notices a black ring at the top of the krausen. Fungus? I hope not.
- Punk Rock and Hardcore
- Catawba Island Brewing - New Ohio Brewery :)
- What are you drinking now?
- How do you pick what to brew next?
- Dry hopping unusual taste
- BIAB in a 5 gallon kettle?
- Downsizing washed yeast containers?
- 2013 Hop garden photo thread
- Heady Topper- Can you clone it?
- Group Buy in Chicago #8
- Economical use of yeast in small batches